7 main reasons to do a UX Audit
Every SaaS manager or entrepreneur wants to know how appealing the product is for the users, how much value it brings and what needs to be done to make it even better. A UX Audit gives answers to all these questions. A UX audit is a fast and affordable way to identify what works, what doesn’t, and what is missing so that designers and developers can focus on making the necessary improvements. In addition, UX Audit helps you to understand your users better and their relationships with your product.
Based on UX Audit data, you can mitigate the hurdles users face and execute necessary improvements. Also, you get a professional view of your product usability and visual appearance. Finally, the recommendations and action plan provided to you by the end of the audit allows you to create a product that meets users’ actual needs and wishes. But let’s review all the reasons to do a UX audit in more detail.
Seven great reasons to conduct a UX Audit
- To know where to start improving your product and how to move in the right direction of the product development: Before jumping into the design process, you need to run a thorough analysis of an existing product and set up the goals and priorities for the design work. Conducting an audit before the development cycle helps set the right direction of product development and minimise financial risks.
- To find out which hurdles users face: Knowing what blocks users from reaching their goal or what slows down their process is crucial. By knowing which obstacles users face, you can focus on making the necessary improvements. Having insights into the particular difficulties your customers stumble over and solving those problems will improve user satisfaction and user retention.
- To get insights into the quality and consistency of UX design: User interfaces that aren’t consistent often leave users confused and frustrated. The visual elements and their placements should help users to move to their goal easier and faster. Inconsistency of your design blocks users from archiving their goal and causes churn. UX audit provides insights into the consistency of UI design, making sure elements in a user interface are uniform – meaning they look and behave the same way. Consistent UI creates a sense of control, familiarity, and reliability. During UX Audit, experts check the consistency of your digital product with device UI guidelines and behaviours, other similar apps/sites, and your design.
- To learn how your users behave and get to know them better: Audit gives you insights into how your users use your product – which pages they visit, which path they take to reach their goal, what they like and what makes them leave your system or application. Once you analyse what blocks them, you can make changes to your product to ensure the ease and comfort of using your product for users. When you know what they like, you can apply these features or elements to the other segments of your product. Understanding your users better allows you to improve their experience and keep them happy.
- To acquire valuable insights about how to improve user retention: A percentage of users that remain with your business long-term start to form a reliable stream of revenue for your SaaS business. It means that the user retention rate sits at the heart of your business. Improving user retention is vital for your SaaS business growth. UX Audit helps you find out what your users are missing or not totally satisfied with to stay with your product or service for longer. User retention is often referred to as one of the most important KPIs when analysing the product’s health or potential and a key indicator for growth that impacts almost every key business metric.UX audit makes your users happy
- To get an actionable list of improvements: When you have a clear idea of what is there to improve on your website or app, you can actually bring it to action. UX Audit provides you with all the necessary information and an action plan for creating as valuable and user-friendly digital products as possible.
- To understand how to make your product more appealing to your target audience: As a business owner or manager, you want to make sure your product is appealing to your target audience. To do that, you need to discover what blocks them from the ultimate satisfaction. UX Audit helps you find out how users really experience your product, what they like or dislike, how they use it and what needs improvement.